Friday, February 4, 2011

Stevie Nicks

My absolute dream Goddess. Strange,surreal,impossible to understand. Impossible to communicate with.
It was all an act of course and impossible to sustain. By the time of "Tusk" she could only keep the weirdness up with the help of liberal doses of cocaine and horse tranquillisers almost becoming a parody of herself. I suspect that what she was actually worried about was the terror of just being (or at least appearing to be)the same as the rest of us.
Poor Lindsey. I'm a traditionalist and any man who prostates himself and his soul for the love of a woman who is obviously simply incapable of loving anyone else, but especially him, is my number one target for scorn and yet how can you have contempt for a man who loved a unattainable Goddess. Where it all went wrong was that he was too close to her. When people get too close then they start to see the real person, not the act. The must have been a threat to her. What can be weirder than to run away from someone who is perfect for you?
Anyway what is more pathetic than the fact that I can see she was actually a carefully constructed act and I still fantasise about her? Not how she is now. Now she's just another Hollywood former star desperately trying to show that she's put all the "stardom" behind her and has finally found herself amongst the simple things in life. All another act of course. No I want her to go back to being weird, as she was in 1974. I loved her then and I want her to go back to being like she was then, maybe in the hope that I can also go back to how I was then.
Or maybe I just can't cope with real people

No comments: